4L60E (M30), 4L65E (M32)
4L60E and 4L65E Transmission Parts
4L60E (M30), 4L65E (M32) Transmission Parts Click here for Diagram(s)
The 4L60E and 4L65E are General Motors designed and manufactured automatic transmissions designed for longitudinal engines. The 4L60E started life as the TH700R4 but General Motors changed its name in 1993 through to 1994 to fall in line with the manufacturer's new naming convention.
The 4L60E and 4L565E use two shift solenoids (OBD II), the activation and deactivation of these solenoids in specific patterns allow the vehicles that the transmission is used in two have four distinctive gear ratios. Those gear ratios are 1st gear - 3.059, 2nd gear - 1.625, 3rd Gear -1.000, 4th Gear - 0.696 and a Reverse gear - 2.29.
The vehicles that uses the 4L60E include:
- Chevvy Impala - 1994 - 1996 year models
- GMC Sonoma - 1994 - 2005 year models
- Pontiac Firebird - 1994 - 2002 year models
- Saab 9-7X - 2005 - 2009 year models
- Chevrolet Camaro - 1994 - 2001 year models
- Chevrolet Caprice - 1994 - 1996 year models
- Cadillac Fleetwood and Brougham from 1991 - 1996 (across both vehicle models
- Chevrolet Corvette - 1994 - 2004 year models